Vendors on Cloth Pad Shop have a Vendor login for the site, which gives them access to create a store page and list products for sale, as well as having additional promotional benefits such as a domain name, email address and posting rights on our social media spaces.
Please note that due to the change of CPS from an online store to a directory site, while products can be listed with a vendor account, the CPS website will not act as a shopping cart, so you will need to make use of paypal buttons, paypal.me links or other means to allow customers to purchase the products from your store. However you may also use your CPS product listings to link to your products on other sites for them to purchase.
If you’re currently selling via facebook or instagram – then you are used to selling on a platform that doesn’t include a payment processing facility. So in that regard, Cloth Pad Shop not having a cart facility won’t be any different to those other places not having one either. However unlike those places, you can add a paypal button to your CPS product listing for direct payment to you. It also provides a more professional look for your business than asking people to comment “Sold” to buy something 🙂
It’s also worth remembering that not everyone has facebook or instagram. So while those platforms are free to use, if you are only selling from those platforms then you are limiting your potential customer base to only people who have (and regularly check) those platforms. Adding a CPS store can help grab potential customers who might not be social media users.
If you are offering made-to-order products, then having the ability to list the product with photos and direct the customer to email you to order gives you an easy way to boost your product/brand exposure without needing to worry about complicated shipping calculations or trying to make a CPS listing that sends payment to you – as you can collect the order information and manually invoice the customer whatever the amount is once you have calculated the shipping costs based on what they ordered.
If you offer in-stock items, then this is more difficult to manage on Cloth Pad Shop unless you’d like to use paypal buttons, however you can use the listings as a way to display what you sell and direct people to your website/facebook or email you to buy it.
A CPS Vendor account also gives you access to our community of members who are there to help you, it gives you access to our social media to advertise your products/brands on, and makes use of our 11 years worth of customer relations and visibility. For the $20 per year price, even if you didn’t list products on the CPS site and used it only as promotion for your business – you should still find it worthwhile for the extra exposure and advertising.
With the included email and subdomain features, you are able to direct people to go to www.yourstore.clothpadshop.com – instead of something like www.facebook.com/groups/34536756764 – which looks a lot better on business cards etc. From your CPS store you can then link to your facebook group to direct people there.
You are in charge of your own store, your products, shipping your orders and completing your sales. However you are required to follow some guidelines to ensure that Cloth Pad Shop works well as a whole website.
We also run as a community of padmakers who are supportive and respectful of each other. So you are expected to be part of the community and uphold the same ideals of our CPS team.
Most of this stuff should be very obvious and common sense, but to make sure you know what is expected, we have outlined our policies in this Terms of Service.
- You must join the private CPS vendors facebook group (or let us know you don’t do fb) – so you know any important news
- Use the Help Guide to help you set your store and products up, if you need help ask on the vendors group
- Ship orders and communicate with customers as quickly as possible.
- Products must list item price, currency and if you will ship Internationally or not
- If customers purchase the items off the CPS site this must be made clear in the listing
- Do not be misleading or fraudulent in your product listings.
- Do not have sold out stock left in your store. Remove sold out items no later than 2 days after they are sold
- Be active – stores who have had no new products added in 6 months may be removed
- Delete old photos and listings that are no longer needed.
- Product photos must be no larger than 900 x 900 pixels and no larger file size than 300kbs.
- Pad listings should contain pad length, snapped width, fabrics are used and how many core layers.
- Pad absorbencies must be in keeping with our standardised absorbency levels.
- Use existing tags, do not create new ones
- If the item is made-to-order you must give a timeframe you estimate the item will be completed in.
- If the item is made with secondhand/repurposed fabric this must be disclosed.
Cloth Pad Shop does not have automatic approval for vendors or businesses listed in the Directory. Inclusion is via approval only. This isn’t done to create any sort of clique – it is solely done to ensure that Cloth Pad Shop only promotes a certain degree of quality of products, and sellers who conduct themselves in a professional manner.
When you apply to join Cloth Pad Shop (in our directory or as a vendor) Admin will check your product photos and information, as well as considering any customer feedback when deciding if you will join us.
Things Admin will specifically look for:
- Overall workmanship – Does the product look well made (allowing for “handmade” acceptable imperfections) eg are the curved ends of the pad nicely curved or are they wonky and misshapen. Top stitching should be neat and fairly even around the edges. Channel stitching should be neat and (more or less) evenly centered within the pad.
- Fabrics – Fabrics must be standard fabrics used in padmaking. We will not accept “batting” or “wadding” as cores.
- Core layering/absorbency – Does it fit with our absorbency guidelines
- Business conduct – through checking feedback/reviews (where available) and online groups, have there been customer problems with the products/business.
- Product Photos (Vendors only) – Are the photos good enough quality to fit well with the other products displayed on the CPS site.
Cloth Pad Shop Admin reserves the right to deny (temporarily or indefinitely) an application if it is felt that it will be a detriment to Cloth Pad Shop or fail to reach our minimum standards.
Having a Vendor membership entitles you to a store area of the CPS website where you can promote your business and list products for sale.
- No Commissions, no Listing Fees and no monthly fees – just a $20US per year fee.
- Posting rights on our social media sites. You can be given “Editor/Author/manager” status on our facebook, YouTube and blog. Posts on your behalf can be made to Twitter & Instagram. Long-term vendors may also be given login details to access our shared Instagram and twitter accounts. (Our blog posts automatically post an excerpt to twitter and facebook)
- yourstore.clothpadshop.com subdomain
- email@example.com email address (forwards mail to whatever email address you normally use)
- Your own store page (the top section is customisable with html to display “about us” type messages)
- Create product listings (see additional info in the “Product Listings” section)
- Your logo displayed on vendor slideshows
The yearly fee is paying for the full 12 month billing period (eg 1st August 2016 to 1st August 2017). Regardless of how many months your store is open (trading) for. There are no refunds offered for months your store is closed or if you leave or are removed from CPS. This yearly fee provides a way for CPS to cover running costs.
Cloth Pad Shop reserves the right to refuse to renew, or to terminate the service of any member if there are overdue fees, issues with store hosting payments, inactivity for longer than 6 months or for breaking any of these TOS rules.
All CPS membership/hosting fees are charged via paypal subscription and these subscriptions must be cancelled before the next payment date if you do not want to make payment for the following billing period. No refunds will be given for hosting payments.
While we would prefer you to sell items directly from CPS, it is possible for you to use CPS as an additional way to promote your products that are sold via facebook, etsy or another avenue.
Product sales on CPS may be handled in various ways, depending on how the vendor chooses to arrange this. Using paypal buttons (guide to creating them is found here) you can create seamless “buy now” or “add to cart” buttons that allow customers to purchase directly from your product listings and pay you – just like they would in a normal online store. If that method is not convenient, another option is to use a button code to make a button that can direct the customer somewhere (such as an etsy store or your website) to complete their payment. Or you could direct the customer to email or call you to place the order and make payment.
Examples of ways vendors may use their product listings to sell products:
- Using a paypal button to create a “buy now” button to allow customers to directly purchase an instock item
- Using a paypal button to create a “buy now” button to allow customers to purchase a custom made item with selectable options
- Using a button code to enable the customer to make the purchase via a paypal.me link
- Using a button code to take the customer directly to an etsy store or other location to purchase the item
- Using a button code to take the customer directly to a facebook page/group/post where they may comment “sold” to purchase the item
- Using a button code to enable customers to email the vendor to order, with payment processed via options such as:
- Vendor emails customer a paypal payment request or paypal invoice
- Vendor emails customer a paypal.me link for the order total
- Vendor emails customer their bank details for direct bank deposit
- Vendor calls customer to process credit card payment over the phone
Payment processors such as Square, Stripe, Paypal, afterpay and other payment processing methods may be used by vendors. Please note that the CPS site does not operate using a security certificate (https) – as all payments were being processed via the paypal secure website. So payment processing buttons vendors set up on their listings for processors such as eway and square that take customer credit card details via a popup screen (instead of directing to those company sites) cannot be used on the CPS site. Paypal payment buttons direct the customer to the paypal website to login, so these can be used.
Due to the change in CPS to remove the shopping cart – we need to make sure that listings are done in a way that:
- Is not confusing for customers who are used to a site where they can purchase products from the listings
- Is clear where the vendor comes from and if they will ship Internationally
- Is clear what is a purchasable product and what is just advertising for the Vendor’s store elsewhere
- Does not unfairly overuse the CPS website resources
As Cloth Pad Shop has been an online store for many years and we would like to continue to have it seen as an online store – Listings that are selling actual products from the listing page (as opposed to listings that simply advertise the products a Vendor sells elsewhere) are preferred and encouraged. We also need to make sure that customers understand what they are buying and where they are buying it from.
For these reasons, we have the following product listing suggestions:
- “In Stock” items currently available for customers to purchase (either from the CPS site or elsewhere)
- Listing must contain some method for the customer to purchase the item (eg payment button, link to a site or request to email)
- Listing should contain wording to let customers know that the item is available until stock runs out.
- Listing description must display the price, or customers won’t know how much it is!
- Listings must be removed as soon as possible after becoming sold out – ideally no longer than 2 days.
- “Made to order” / “custom made” items that are made for the customer when they purchase the item
- Listing must contain some method for the customer to purchase the item (eg payment button, link or request to email)
- Listings must make it clear that these items are not instock and will be made to order
- Listing description must contain the price – or customers won’t know how much it is!
- Listing description must give an estimated timeframe for completion of the order (eg “1-2 weeks from purchase”)
- Listings must be removed as soon as possible after becoming sold out – ideally no longer than 2 days.
- A “Stocking” Product – featuring a collage image showing products from a stocking that you have recently done on another site – with the following conditions:
- At least 2 of the products shown must still available to purchase (to avoid customers going there only to find everything is already sold)
- Listing must be removed when there are less than 2 of the products available
- Listing must be removed 1 month after the stocking took place even if not all sold out
- Description must include something that states that the products shown were part of a stocking and some may be sold out.
- Only one image (or one collage image) may be used, with no additional gallery images or images in the body of the listing
- Stocking listings CANNOT be assigned to any category other than the “Stocking Announcements” category
- An “Example” Product – featuring a collage image showing examples of products that you have made.
- Must be clearly titled “Example” within the first 20 characters of the product title (eg “Product Examples”, “Breast Pad Examples”)
- The listing must make it very clear that these products are examples of products you have made and are not necessarily currently available for sale.
- Only one image (or one collage image) may be used, with no additional gallery images or images in the body of the listing
- You may have no more than 10 “example” products in your store at a time
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to discuss stocking products in a style not mentioned on the list here.
Advertising/promoting items that are sold out or do not have reasonable levels of stock may be considered “bait advertising” by advertising regulations, as well as causing confusion and annoyance to customers. For this reason products that are not available to purchase must not be left in your store (other than the above allowed “example” listings). Products that have sold must be removed from your store as soon as possible after selling out, and must not be left for longer than 2 days after having sold out.
Because of the additional work needed to sell through CPS without the online cart, it is advisable to list products that are made-to-order or have an ongoing supply (eg menstrual cups or pads you’ve made in large batches) and avoid having single quantity items that will sell out quickly, and to therefore limit the amount of work you need to do to keep your store up to date.
Australian vendors are encouraged to make themselves aware of the legal obligations of marketing in relation to their conduct on CPS – particularly regarding advertising sold out or low level stock items. International vendors are encouraged to comply with any relevant legal obligations in their state/country.
To avoid wasting server space, product photos that are no longer needed are to be deleted as soon as possible.
This is primarily a reusable menstrual products selling site, so products will be along this theme (Cloth pads, menstrual cups, wetbags etc.) However we are not just for Cloth Pads. Many other complementary feminine/menstrual related items are appropriate to sell along side cloth pads – such as underpants, herbal teas, oils, heatpacks, books and printed materials, DIY fabrics/supplies, jewellery and more. Please e-mail email@example.com if you wish to discuss stocking products not mentioned on the list here.
Children’s products and disposable menstrual products are not welcomed on Cloth Pad Shop.
You are responsible for complying with any laws or regulations that apply to the products you sell and ship to other countries. It is the vendors responsibility to check relevant rules/regulations/licensing/laws before listing products.
You may list as many instock or custom-made products as you wish. Downloadable products (such as sewing patterns) are also allowed.
Menstrual cups that are not registered with the TGA (for the Australian site) or FDA (for the USA Site) may not be listed on Cloth Pad Shop unless Admin has given prior approval. (This is to ensure that CPS does not facilitate the practice of rebranding menstrual cups)
Listing guidelines not only make sure that customers using the site are able to shop as conveniently as possible, but they may also provide protection for you against consumer complaints. As online shopping does not allow customers to physically look at or hold the item, they are basing their purchases solely on the information you provide them in your product listings. The more detailed and accurate you are with this, the less likely the customer can make an incorrect purchase (and the better off you will be if they try to seek a refund/replacement due to not fully reading the listings).
Please note that it is against consumer laws in most states/countries to make false and misleading claims. This includes implying something about a product that may not be true (or cannot be proven to be true). For this reason CPS does not allow claims such as bamboo/hemp fabric being “antibacterial” or statements such as “you’ll never leak with these” – as these can be considered to be misleading statements.
Your listings must be placed in the appropriate categories for that type of item. eg a “pantyliner” cannot be listed in a category for “overnight” pads. However “pantyliners” that have a rating of “light absorbency” by our ratings standards can be listed in both the “pantyliner” and “Light pad” categories. Items can be placed in more than one category if those categories are also applicable to that item.
All AiO pad/pantyliner listings must be placed in the appropriate category for their level of absorbency based on the absorbency rating Cloth Pad Shop uses (This can be found in the absorbency article). If in doubt it is better to advertise a pad as being less absorbent than you think it is, rather than customers finding it to be less absorbent than you say it is.
Your Listings must include clear photographs of your products – these MUST be no larger than 900 x 900 pixels and no larger than 300kbs. You can use as many photos in your Instock or Custom listings as you would like (to show different angles, a pad snapped/unsnapped or the back/front). Please make these photos to be as professional looking as possible and the main image needs to be (mostly) square in overall shape. Please see the help page topics on photos for ideas on how to make your product pictures look professional.
You listing description must include:
- Price of the product and the currency (eg: $45 AUD or $12.50 USD)
- Shipping price (or a notice that you will add that on).
- If you will ship Internationally or not, and your country (see note below)
As CPS may have vendors from all over the world, all vendors are encouraged to add a flag image to their gallery or make it clear in their listing description what country they come from. This helps customers understand the currency listed with the price, and if the order will have a longer transit time than they would have if buying locally.
Additionally, for a cloth pad listing, you must include:
- Length of the pad
- Width of the pad at each end (if the shape has flared ends)
- Width of the pad (“crotch width” – when the wings are snapped closed)
- What fabrics the pad is made from (“cotton” is not sufficient, it must specify if it is flannelette, printed cotton, jersey etc.)
- What the core of the pad is made from (“bamboo” is not sufficient, it must specify which type of bamboo fabric, eg “bamboo fleece”).
- How many layers of core material there are (so customers have a point of reference for absorbency)
- What absorbency rating you believe it to be (for customers who don’t know enough about fabrics to know)
Australian sellers are required to list all measurements in centimeters (You may list inches as well – but cm must be listed first) as our official standard unit of measurement is metric.
If the listing is for a custom made item – or an item you will make on demand for the customer when they have purchased it (not an “in stock” item), you must include wording on your listing to let customers know that this is not an instock item. (eg “Items are made to order and will be shipped within 14 days from ordering”).
Any pads containing secondhand/repurposed/upcycled (previously used) fabrics MUST CLEARLY label this in the listing, so that customers who do not want to have secondhand fabrics in their pads can make the decision not to purchase them.
Businesses listed in the Cloth Pad Shop Directory and those who are CPS Vendors must agree to follow the CPS Code of Conduct – which has been created to promote a safer shopping experience for customers and a respectful community in our industry.
- Trade with professionalism, honesty, courtesy and integrity.
- Communicate well (quickly, politely and effectively) with your customers.
- Ship orders as quickly as possible.
- Do not be deceptive, misleading or fraudulent in your product listings. (This includes “antibacterial” and “leakproof” claims)
- Be respectful of other padmakers (Do not disparage other brands).
- Be courteous to other padmakers (Do not knowingly set out to copy their products for example)
- Product listings should contain all relevant information customers need to know (Including: pad length, snapped width, fabrics used and how many core layers).
- Pad absorbencies must be in keeping with our Absorbency Guidelines
- Conduct adequate product testing before setting up your store, to ensure your products have been tested by a variety of people and are fit for sale.
- If the item is made-to-order you must give a timeframe you estimate the item will be completed in, and notify customers ASAP if you will not be able to meet that timeframe.
- If the item is made with secondhand/used/repurposed fabric this must be disclosed to customers before they purchase.
- Be over 18 and be legally allowed to trade (do business) online.
- Have a method for accepting payments from your customers.
- Have products of an acceptable quality (“handmade” level of imperfection is to be expected).
- Be able to upload clear and suitable photos of your products, that fit within our image upload restrictions. You will need to use a program to resize them to no larger than 900 x 900 pixels and no greater than 300kbs filesize – We have an upload limiter that prevents you uploading anything larger than 300kbs, so you must be able to resize your photos to fit this requirement.
- Join our private sellers facebook group and make sure you read it regularly. This group is the method that Admin uses to discuss site issues and inform all sellers of news, problems and anything else.
- Ship orders in a timely fashion, and try to conduct yourself with good customer service.
- Make sure all product listings comply with our product listing requirements
- Treat customer details with privacy and confidentiality – Any customer details you obtain from sales made on the CPS website may only be used to complete the transaction with your particular customer. You must not use these customer details to sign customers up to your own newsletter (without their permission), give to any other person, or other such use that is not related to dispatching the current order you have with that customer. Customer privacy is extremely important and any breach of customers privacy may result in your store being removed.
- Conduct yourself in a manner that won’t reflect badly on Cloth Pad Shop. When using social media using the name Cloth Pad Shop (or while using CPS social media) you must conduct yourself professionally, and must not involve CPS in any unlawful activity or activity that is a breach of any regulations of those sites (for example you cannot use the CPS Facebook page to run a giveaway that would break state regulations or Facebook TOS)
- Be responsible for your own listings and content – You will be expected to enter your own details/products and maintain a professional look to your area of the store. The software is commonly used, and fairly easy to understand – we also have a comprehensive guide on how to do everything available here)
- Be responsible for your own payment processing – The CPS website is a method for you to list the products you have for sale, with the transactions being handled by you privately. Customers do not use the CPS website to purchase items, they must do that through you.
- Be responsible for any business regulations, licenses or requirements you need to follow. Cloth Pad Shop does not act as an adviser and is not responsible for ensuring the stores selling on CPS are trading as they should.
As customer dissatisfaction with a particular store can negatively impact on Cloth Pad Shop itself as well as all the other stores on the site, we aim to make sure customers feel they are being treated properly, and rely on the vendors acting in a professional manner. This includes both how vendors interact with their customers and also how vendors interact with other sellers in public (online) platforms.
In order to keep the Cloth Pad Shop reputation high, if there are complaints about your store, such as (but not limited to) the things listed below, your account may be terminated.
- Failure to ship orders within a reasonable timeframe
- Failure to communicate with customers or Admin within a reasonable timeframe
- Problems with the quality or workmanship of products
If CPS admin believes that your store is a detriment to Cloth Pad Shop as a whole, your account may be terminated and any membership fees you have paid will not be refunded.
Vendors are in charge of their store area and their product listings, however anything that is breaking our TOS may be edited or removed by Admin. As a vendor you will be required to complete the transaction with your customer (sending the goods), and take care of any disagreements that may occur, just as you would if you were trading on your own website. Cloth Pad Shop is simply an avenue for you to promote your business online and plays no part in the order or dispute processes.
By joining Cloth Pad Shop you agree to not include any content nor conduct yourself in a way that will lower the reputation of Cloth Pad Shop or of any of the CPS vendors. Nor will you add any content or conduct yourself in a way that is slanderous, fraudulent, offensive, illegal or misleading. Cloth Pad Shop reserves the right to modify or remove any content it considers to be in breech of this rule. Such action will only be taken if an immediate change is required. When such modification is not immediately urgent, you will be asked to make the change yourself. If a requested change is not made within a reasonable amount of time, the content may be modified by Admin.
Cloth Pad Shop reserves the right to use product pictures uploaded to this website in promotional use both on Cloth Pad Shop run websites and on 3rd party websites (for example facebook, instagram etc.). Copyright on the images and text will always remain the property of the vendor, and the vendor may request they be removed.
Cloth Pad Shop reserves the right to delete unused photos and product listings for vendor accounts that are no longer being actively used, and to remove vendor accounts that have been inactive for longer than 6 months.
Cloth Pad Shop accepts no responsibility for the content of product listings, the products sold, the shipment of orders, conduct of the vendors or use of customer details obtained through the use of the Cloth Pad Shop website.
Cloth Pad Shop is a collaboration/community of padmakers and discussions/decisions about the site are done on a private facebook group to give all vendors a chance to have their say. CPS was created in July 2007 and is overseen by Obsidian (from Obsidian Star)
By applying to join Cloth Pad Shop as a Vendor, you agree to comply with all these terms and conditions, and agree to accept full responsibility for any legal issues resulting from you use of this service.
Cloth Pad Shop reserves the right to change or add to these Terms & Conditions at any time. Vendors will be notified of any changes (via the private discussion group) if they occur so that they have the option to leave Cloth Pad Shop if they do not agree to the changes. Any vendor remaining with Cloth Pad Shop after changed have been announced, are deemed to be in agreement with the new Terms and Conditions and agree to abide by them.