Cloth pads made by Daisy & Bird use heavy weight organic bamboo French Terry and flannelette as the absorbent core. Bamboo is a sustainable product, as is perfect for use in cloth pads as it is SUPER absorbent, and has natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Pads are usually topped with either cotton, cotton jersey, bamboo velour or minky, and are usually backed with cotton. They all have a hidden internal layer of flannelette, which also boosts absorbency without adding bulk. Most pads have an all over hidden layer of waterproof PUL fabric, although I am more than happy to make custom orders without the PUL if you prefer. Pads have two snap settings for closure, which gives you a choice of how wide your pad is around the crotch of your undies.
The absorbency levels of my pads are:
- Liners – no PUL, absorbency as below
- Light – PUL, 2 layers of flannelette – most women find this is adequate for light flow
- Regular – PUL, 1 layer of bamboo plus 1 layer of flannelette – most women find this is adequate for moderate to heavy flow
- Heavy – PUL, 2 layers of bamboo plus 1 layer of flannelette – most women find this is adequate for heavy/overnight use
- Extra Heavy – PUL, 3 layers of bamboo plus 1 layer of flannelette – most women find that this is adequate for post partum use
All pads can be made without PUL on request.
Daisy & Bird’s breast pads (nursing pads) use a layer of soft bamboo for absorbency against the breast, a waterproof layer of PUL, and are backed with cotton.
Wet bags are sometimes made from printed PUL fabric, otherwise the will have a cotton outside layer, with PUL lining
Showing 1–18 of 31 results